MINISTERIAL ORDER NO. MSL:064/19
I, Kelechi Madu, Minister of Municipal Affairs, pursuant to Section 130.1(b) of the Municipal Government Act and Section 6 of the Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA), make the following order:
1. That a vote be held in the Town of Granum to determine electors’ opinion on the viability options.
2. That a vote be held between the hours of 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. November 6, 2019 and 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on November 7, 2019, in the Granum Drop In Centre, 306 Railway Avenue, Granum, Alberta.
3. That the wording on the ballot be as follows:
Based on the findings of the Town of Granum Viability Review, which one of the two options below do you support for the future of Granum? (select one only)
Option 1. The Town of Granum remains a town and implements changes to achieve viability.
Option 2. Dissolve the Town of Granum and Granum becomes part of the Municipal District of Willow Creek No. 26.
4. That special ballots be provided, in accordance with Section 77.1(1) (a) and (b) of the LAEA, by application to the Returning Officer in writing, by telephone, or by email.
5. That the Notice of Vote (Form 8) of the Local Authorities Election Forms Regulation be modified to include notice of the special ballot.
6. That Marnie Lee be appointed as the returning officer.
7. That in the event that Marnie Lee becomes incapable of carrying out the duties of the returning officer, LaRae Ellis be appointed to act in the place of the returning officer.
Dated at Edmonton, Alberta, this 7th day of October, 2019.
Minister of Municipal Affairs