December 5, 2017
††††††††††† The Lieutenant Governor in Council authorizes the Alberta Energy Regulator to grant Approval No. 12540 to Andora Energy Corporation in the form attached.
††††††††††† For Information only
Recommended by:††††††††† Minister of Energy
Authority:†††††††††††††††††††††††††† Oil Sands Conservation Act
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† (section 10)
IN THE MATTER of a commercial scheme of Andora Energy Corporation for the recovery of crude bitumen from the Bluesky-Gething Deposit in the Peace River Oil Sands Area from wells located in the project area outlined in Appendix A to this approval.
The Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), pursuant to the Oil Sands Conservation Act, chapter O-7 of the Revised Statutes of Alberta, 2000, orders as follows:
The Operatorís scheme as
a) Application No. 1568887,
b) Application No. 1739513,
c) Application No. 1806078,
d) Application No. 1857585,
is approved, subject to the Oil Sands Conservation Rules and the terms and conditions herein contained.
2) Clause 1 does not preclude alterations in design and equipment, provided that the AER is satisfied that the alterations are compatible with the outline of the scheme, are made for the better operation of the scheme, and do not result in unacceptable adverse impacts.
3) (1) The Operator shall notify the AER of any proposed material alteration or modification of the scheme or to any equipment proposed for use therein prior to effecting the alteration or modification.
††††† (2) Where, in the opinion of the AER, any alteration or modification to the scheme or to any equipment proposed for use therein:
a) is not of a minor nature,
b) is not consistent with the scheme approved herein, or
c) may not result in an improved or more efficient scheme or operation,
††††† the alteration or modification shall not be proceeded with or effected without the further authorization of the AER. The Operator must provide evidence that this major alteration or modification to the scheme or to any equipment will result in a benefit to the scheme or operation and be in the public interest.
4) The recovery process approved for the Scheme is Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) utilizing only steam as the injection fluid, unless otherwise stipulated by the AER.
5) Prior to the drilling SAGD wells in an area, all wells that could be impacted by thermal operations must be completed or abandoned in a manner that is compatible with the thermal operations. The Operator must contact the AER for discussion of and obtain approval for the manner in which to complete or abandon wells not considered to be compatible with the thermal operations.
6) Unless the AER otherwise approves, the production of bitumen from the development area identified in Appendix A shall not exceed 509 cubic metres per day on an annual average basis.
7) The maximum bottomhole injection pressure for the approved well pairs in the project area outlined in Appendix A must not exceed 4000 kPa (gauge).
END OF DOCUMENT
†† PEACE RIVER OIL SANDS AREA APPENDIX A TO
APPROVAL NO. 12540
PEACE RIVER OIL SANDS AREA
APPENDIX A TO APPROVAL NO. 12540