September 8, 2004
The Lieutenant Governor in Council authorizes the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board to grant Amendment C to Approval No. 9571 to Koch Exploration Canada Corporation in the form attached.
For Information only
Recommended by: Minister of Energy
Authority: Oil Sands Conservation Act
IN THE MATTER of a primary recovery scheme of Koch Exploration Canada Corporation for the recovery of crude bitumen from the Bluesky Formation in the Peace River Oil Sands Area
WHEREAS the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board is prepared to grant approval to an application by Koch Exploration Canada Corporation for the recovery of crude bitumen; and
WHEREAS the Lieutenant Governor in Council, by Order in Council Number O.C. # dated #, hereto attached as Appendix D, has authorized the granting of this approval.
THEREFORE, the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board, pursuant to the Oil Sands Conservation Act, chapter O-7 of the Revised Statutes of Alberta, 2000, orders as follows:
1. Board Approval No. 9571 is amended.
2. The following subclause is added after clause 1, subclause (d):
(d) Application No. 1353578,
3. Clause 2 is struck out and the following is substituted:
2. The Operator shall comply with the following well spacing:
(a) A minimum interwell distance of 140 metres.
(b) A minimum 70 metre buffer distance.
(c) The 00/08-03-083-15W5/0 and 00/15-11-083-15W5/0 wells are exempt from the 140 metre interwell distance.
4. Attached hereto as Appendix D to this approval is the Order of the Lieutenant Governor in Council authorizing the granting of the approval.
MADE at the City of Calgary, in the Province of Alberta, on
ALBERTA ENERGY AND UTILITIES BOARD