Copyright and Disclaimer Print  


The Alberta Gazette
Part I
Vol. 108	Edmonton, Friday, June 15, 2012	No. 11
PROCLAMATION
[GREAT SEAL] 
CANADA 
PROVINCE OF ALBERTA	Donald S. Ethell, Lieutenant Governor.
ELIZABETH THE SECOND, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom, 
Canada, and Her Other Realms and Territories, QUEEN, Head of the 
Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
P R O C L A M A T I O N
To all to Whom these Presents shall come
G R E E T I N G
Ray Bodnarek Deputy Minister of Justice and 
Deputy Attorney General
WHEREAS section 61 of the Crown's Right of Recovery Act provides that that Act 
comes into force on Proclamation; and 
WHEREAS it is expedient to proclaim the Crown's Right of Recovery Act, except 
Division 3 of Part 1, in force:
NOW KNOW YE THAT by and with the advice and consent of Our Executive 
Council of Our Province of Alberta, by virtue of the provisions of the said Act 
hereinbefore referred to and of all other power and authority whatsoever in Us vested 
in that behalf, We have ordered and declared and do hereby proclaim the Crown's 
Right of Recovery Act, except Division 3 of Part 1, in force on May 31, 2012.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF We have caused these Our Letters to be made Patent 
and the Great Seal of Our Province of Alberta to be hereunto affixed.
WITNESS: COLONEL (RETIRED) THE HONOURABLE DONALD S. 
ETHELL, Lieutenant Governor of Our Province of Alberta, in Our City of Edmonton 
in Our Province of Alberta, this 30th day of May in the Year of Our Lord Two 
Thousand Twelve and in the Sixty-first Year of Our Reign.
BY COMMAND	Jonathan Denis, Provincial Secretary.
PROCLAMATION
[GREAT SEAL] 
CANADA 
PROVINCE OF ALBERTA	Donald S. Ethell, Lieutenant Governor.
ELIZABETH THE SECOND, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom, 
Canada, and Her Other Realms and Territories, QUEEN, Head of the 
Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
P R O C L A M A T I O N
To all to Whom these Presents shall come
G R E E T I N G
Bruce Perry Acting Deputy Minister of Justice and 
Acting Deputy Attorney General
WHEREAS section 13 of the St. Albert and Sturgeon Valley School Districts 
Establishment Act provides that that Act comes into force on Proclamation; and
WHEREAS it is expedient to proclaim the St. Albert and Sturgeon Valley School 
Districts Establishment Act in force:
NOW KNOW YE THAT by and with the advice and consent of Our Executive 
Council of Our Province of Alberta, by virtue of the provisions of the said Act 
hereinbefore referred to and of all other power and authority whatsoever in Us vested 
in that behalf, We have ordered and declared and do hereby proclaim the St. Albert 
and Sturgeon Valley School Districts Establishment Act in force on July 1, 2012.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF We have caused these Our Letters to be made Patent 
and the Great Seal of Our Province of Alberta to be hereunto affixed.
WITNESS: COLONEL (RETIRED) THE HONOURABLE DONALD S. 
ETHELL, Lieutenant Governor of Our Province of Alberta, in Our City of Edmonton 
in Our Province of Alberta, this 31st day of May in the Year of Our Lord Two 
Thousand Twelve and in the Sixty-first Year of Our Reign.
BY COMMAND	Jonathan Denis, Provincial Secretary.
APPOINTMENTS
Appointment of Assistant Chief Judge, Edmonton Rural Division
(Provincial Court Act)
May 30, 2012 
Honourable Judge Charles Donald Gardner
The above appointment is for a term of five years to expire on May 29, 2017.
Appointment of Part-time Provincial Court Judge
(Provincial Court Act)
June 1, 2012 
Honourable Judge Peter Paul Ayotte
The above appointment is for a term to expire in accordance with section 9.24(8)(a) 
of the Provincial Court Act.
Re-appointment of Supernumerary Provincial Court Judge
(Provincial Court Act)
June 1, 2012 
Honourable Judge Frederick William Coward
For a term of two years to expire on May 31, 2014.
GOVERNMENT NOTICES
Culture
Decisions on Geographical Names
(Historical Resources Act)
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to Section 18, Subsection 3 of the Historical 
Resources Act the following decisions on geographical names were duly authorized 
on July 17, 2006.
APPROVED - ALTERED APPLICATION (CHANGE OF LOCATION)
NTS Map Sheet 82 J/14 - "Spray Lakes Reservoir"
Mount Bogart  
(mountain)
Located at: 
ATS: W31-22-9-W5 and SE36-22-10-W5 
(50ø 54' 41" N & 115ø 14' 36" W) 
Approximately 18 km SSE of Canmore town centre. 
NOT 
ATS: NE31, NW32-22-9-W5 
(50ø 55' 10? N & 115ø 13' 31? W)
This 3,140 metre (10,300') mountain is named for Donaldson Bogart Dowling, who 
was a geologist with the Geological Survey of Canada. He was an assistant to George 
Mercer Dawson in the 1880s and worked with the survey until the 1920s. Employed 
as a topographer, he became known as geologist. He identified the resource potential 
of Manitoba's Flin-Flon district, but he is most known for his geological mapping of 
western Canada's coal deposits and his discovery of artesian water in southern 
Alberta. According to the 1928 Geographic Board of Canada publication Place 
Names of Alberta, the mountain was named in 1904. The name appears to have been 
approved for mapping purposes in late 1927 or early 1928. In 1954, the Army Survey 
Establishment produced the 1:50:000 Map Sheet for the region, the name was 
incorrectly applied to a mountain at 50ø 55' 10" N & 115ø 13' 31" W (approximately 
1.5 km northeast of the actual location. All other official maps and sources continued 
to place the name on the mountain located at 50ø 54' 41" N & 115ø 14' 36" W. In 
2006, the province rectified the error at the request of members of the public and the 
Geographical Names Board of Canada.
 


APPROVED
NTS Map Sheet 82 O/03 - "Canmore"
Grant MacEwan Peak 
(peak)
Located at: 
ATS: NE12-24-9-W5 
(50ø 01' 58" N & 115ø 07' 17" W) 
Approximately 4 km southeast of Exshaw
The name commemorates John Walter Grant MacEwan. Grant MacEwan was born in 
1902 near Brandon, MB and grew up near Melfort, SK. He graduated from the 
Ontario Agricultural College in 1926 and received a BSA from the University of 
Toronto and a MS from Iowa State University. He was a professor of animal 
husbandry at the University of Saskatchewan and Dean of Agriculture at the 
University of Manitoba. A strong promoter of public education for farmers, he wrote 
four books and regular newspaper columns on agricultural sciences and animal 
husbandry, notably for the Western Producer newspaper. He retired from academia 
and moved to Calgary where he became actively involved in politics. He was a city 
alderman from 1953 to 1958 and represented Calgary as a Member of the Legislative 
Assembly from 1955 to 1959, serving as leader of the Alberta Liberal Party and 
leader of the Official Opposition in 1958 and 1959. Defeated in the 1959 election, he 
resigned the party leadership in 1960. He was re-elected to Calgary City Council, 
serving as alderman from 1959 to 1963 and as Mayor of Calgary from 1963 to 1965. 
In December 1965, he was appointed Lieutenant Governor of Alberta and was sworn 
into office in January 1966. He served two terms in that role, being reappointed in 
1970 and retiring in 1974. In his retirement, Grant MacEwan lectured at Olds College 
and the University of Calgary. He continued to write natural history and agricultural 
science columns for newspapers and he wrote numerous books on Western Canadian 
and Alberta history. These books were extremely popular and introduced many 
people to Alberta's history. Grant MacEwan passed away in 2000 at 97 years of age.
 
APPROVED - ALTERED APPLICATION (CHANGE OF SPELLING)
NTS Map Sheet 83 N/09 - "Grouard"
Travers Creek (creek) 
NOT 
Traverse Creek (creek)
Located: 
ATS: 19-74-15-W5 to NW24-75-15-W5 
(55ø 25' 28" N & 116ø 18' 23" W to 55ø 31' 01" W & 116ø 11' 39" N) 
Flows east into Lesser Slave Lake, approximately 3 km east of Grouard.
This name was recorded as both Travers Creek and Traverse Creek in the 1907 field 
notes of H. W. Selby, Dominion Land Survey. The name was adopted for mapping 
purposes as "Traverse Creek" on the assumption the creek was named for the 
surveying term "traverse," which is used to describe the distance covered in a 
particular period of time. Field research in the late-1980s and early-2000s found that 
the local population maintained that the creek was named for the Travers family, who 
had been resident in the region prior to the arrival of Selby's surveying party. Further 
research found that the creek ran through land owned by Travers family and that on 
some pages of Selby's field notes, the final "e" in Traverse had been crossed out. 
Local residents requested that the spelling of the name be changed to "Travers" in 
honour of this prominent, early local family.
The Travers family was from Hertfordshire, England. In 1894, Oliver Travers arrived 
in Canada, settling temporarily in Manitoba. He was joined by his brother Sidney in 
1896/7. The two brothers hired onto the Helpman O'Brien Party, an exploration 
expedition heading overland to the Klondike from Edmonton. The group disbanded at 
Peace River following sever hardships and the death of one of the expedition leaders. 
Sidney Travers opened a stopping house in Grouard and Oliver enlisted for service in 
the South African (Boer) War. Upon Oliver's return in 1905, the brothers established 
a freighting and ranching operation and were soon joined by additional members of 
the family (brothers Alfred, Charles, Frank and Frederick, and sister Ruth). With the 
start of the First World War, Oliver, Charles and Frank enlisted for service. Oliver 
and Charles served with the 49th Edmonton Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force 
(Loyal Edmonton Regiment). Charles survived the conflict. Oliver served as a 
Lieutenant and Quartermaster. He received the Military Cross for his actions at 
Courcellette and was killed in action at Passchendale on October 29, 1917. Although 
the family remained prominent in the High Prairie/Grouard region following the war, 
they eventually all migrated out of the area.
 
Signed 26th day of June, A.D. 2006
Irene Nicholson, Chair 
Alberta Historical Resources Foundation
Signed 17th day of July, A.D. 2006
Denis Ducharme, Minister 
Community Development
Notice of Intent to Designate a Provincial Historic Resource
(Historical Resources Act)
File: Des. 489
Notice is hereby given that sixty days from the date of service of this Notice and its 
publication in Alberta Gazette, the Minister of Culture intends to make an Order that 
the site known as the: 
St. Luke's Anglican Church, together with the land legally described as:
Plan (K) Block fourteen (14) Lots nine (9) ten (10) and eleven (11) excepting 
thereout: part of each lot as described for street widening as shown on Road Plan 
908MC
and municipally located in Red Deer, Alberta be designated as a Provincial Historic 
Resource under section 20 of the Historical Resources Act, RSA 2000 cH-9.
The reasons for the designation are as follows: The heritage value of Red Deer's St. 
Luke's Anglican Church lies in its architectural significance as an excellent example 
of Gothic Revival style church construction. The use of sandstone also makes the 
church an excellent and rare example of stone church construction in Alberta.
The Parish of St. Luke's was formed in May 1893, but construction of a modest 
church did not begin until 1898. In 1899, the parish's new minister, Joshua 
Hinchliffe, proposed that the still incomplete building be abandoned and a substantial 
sandstone church be constructed. After the donation of three lots on the southeast 
corner of McLeod (54th) Street and Gaetz Avenue, construction began in the summer 
of 1899. In 1900, the chancel, sanctuary and a small nave were completed; the nave 
was extended in 1904 and again in 1906. Also in 1906, a choir vestry and tower were 
added, bringing construction to an end. The use of stone as a construction material is 
significant and unusual. Although stone was the preferred construction material for 
Anglican churches, wood, and later brick, were more frequently used in Alberta due 
to their being easier to work with and more readily available. Despite a local source of 
sandstone, quarrying and transportation difficulties resulted in construction delays and 
the resultant high construction costs put the parish in financial difficulties for many 
years.
St. Luke's is an excellent example of Gothic Revival church architecture on a 
relatively small scale. The Gothic Revival movement arose due to the influence of 
mid-nineteenth century theologians, notably the Oxford Tractarians and the 
Cambridge Ecclesiological Society, who believed that the Anglican Church had 
degenerated and needed to return to its theologically Catholic roots. The 
Ecclesiologists rejected the architecture of the Renaissance and the contemporary 
period as being pagan and advocated a return to the Decorated Gothic architecture of 
the medieval period, which they perceived as being a morally superior era. 
Ecclesiological theories had a profound impact on church design over the ensuing 
decades. Ideally, Gothic Revival churches were to be oriented along an east-west axis 
with the chancel on the eastern side. The chancel, which contained the sanctuary, was 
the main focus of the church and had to be clearly distinguishable from the nave. The 
use of stone was paramount and steeply-pitched, wooden roofs were preferred. A 
tower, if included, was to be at the west side of the building. Interior rafters were to 
be exposed and Gothic or pointed arches used liberally throughout. Colourful 
decorations and ornamentation could be lavish, but had to be highly symbolic and not 
just for the sake of beautification.
St. Luke's exhibits a number of Gothic Revival elements. While a relatively small 
church, the use of sandstone and the steeply-pitched roofs gives it a feeling of 
massive proportions. The church is oriented on an east/west axis with the chancel at 
the east end and a square, battlemented tower at the northwest corner. The chancel is 
clearly distinguishable by its smaller footprint and lower roofline, and on the inside 
by its arch and raised platform. Gothic-arched elements dominate the building, 
particularly the large stained glass windows on the west and east elevations, the main 
entryway in the tower's base and the louvred openings in its upper reaches. Rows of 
lancet windows, arranged in triplets of a tall window flanked by two shorter windows, 
line the north and south elevations. The interior features fir-clad walls and an exposed 
scissor-truss rafters. The layout of the nave and chancel also reflect Gothic Revival 
characteristics, including the bench-style pews off a central aisle, the placement of the 
lectern, altar, reredos, baptismal font and organ.
It is therefore considered that the preservation and protection of the resource is in the 
public interest.
Dated this 19th day of May, A.D. 2012.
David Link, Assistant Deputy Minister 
Heritage Division
_______________
File: Des. 2033
Notice is hereby given that sixty days from the date of service of this Notice and its 
publication in Alberta Gazette, the Minister of Culture intends to make an Order that 
the site known as the: 
Canadian Pacific Railway Section House, together with the land legally described as:
Plan 8149AH all that portion of Block (A) lying north west of Lot two (2) Plan 
8123208, south east of Lot fourteen (14) Plan 7820055 and north east of a line joining 
the most southerly corner of said Lot fourteen (14) and the most westerly corner of 
said Lot two (2) 
Excepting thereout all mines and minerals
and municipally located at 5200 Railway Avenue in Coronation,, Alberta be 
designated as a Provincial Historic Resource under section 20 of the Historical 
Resources Act, RSA 2000 cH-9.
The reasons for the designation are as follows: The heritage value of the Canadian 
Pacific Railway (CPR) Section House in Coronation lies in its association with 
railway divisional point infrastructure, particularly the type of housing provided by 
the company for certain essential railway employees.
The CPR, like most other railway companies, organized their rail networks by 
centralizing services and staff at certain points along the line.  The town sites selected 
as divisional points were often situated at important locations or at key junctions and 
generally rose to become the dominant urban centres of the surrounding region.  
While most railway employees stationed at divisional points would be provided with 
bunkhouses or expected to find their own lodging in town, better housing was often 
provided for certain, higher level employees like Section Foremen and Roadmasters.  
For these higher level positions, married men with families were preferred by the 
company as they were viewed as being more stable and reliable than single men.  
Consequently, the residences provided for them, known as Section Houses, were 
designed with adequate room for an average family.
Between 1910 and 1914, the CPR opened a new line from Stettler into Saskatchewan.  
Approximately 120 kilometres east of Stettler a town site named Coronation was 
surveyed and selected to be a divisional point.  From Coronation, CPR staff managed 
the line eastward to Kerrobert, Saskatchewan, which was reached by 1914; eventually 
expanded to cover the Lorraine Subdivision, between Youngstown in the south and 
Berkinshaw (near Alliance) in the north, as well as a short spur north from Halkirk to 
the coal mines near Forestburg.  In about 1911, soon after the arrival of the CPR at 
the Coronation town site, three section houses were built, one of which was used by 
the Section Foreman and later by the Roadmaster.
The CPR section houses were basic and utilitarian in construction, lacking any real 
ornamentation or unnecessary comfort, which demonstrates the dwelling's 
institutional nature and the scarce attention paid by the company to aspects of the 
operation only tangentially related to its primary business operations.  The Coronation 
Section House is similar in design and layout to CPR Standard Plan Section House 
No. 4, the plans for which are dated 1914.  Like other section houses of this era, the 
Coronation building is a one and one-half story, wood frame building with T-shaped 
plan and shingle-clad gable ends facing north, south and west.  Exterior and interior 
ornamentation and construction materials are simple and easy to maintain.  The 
exterior was clad in wood siding, which was eventually replaced with low-
maintenance, asphalt-based Insulbrick.  The interior of the home features a kitchen, 
dining room and living room on the main floor and three approximately equal-sized 
bedrooms on the upper floor.  A small, square basement is located beneath the kitchen 
and a crawl space is underneath the rest of the house. Interior detailing is minimal, 
consisting of basic five-panel doors; single hung, one-over-one sash windows; and 
plain wooden baseboards, window frames and door frames.  The house is situated in a 
transitional zone between the rail yard and the town site.  The front entryway on the 
north side of the house opens to the roadway and town while the rear entry at the 
southwest corner, gives easy access to the rail yard, reflecting the building's dual role 
as a family residence and as a home for a key, local railway employee.
It is therefore considered that the preservation and protection of the resource is in the 
public interest.
Dated this 19th day of May, A.D. 2012.
David Link, Assistant Deputy Minister 
Heritage Division


File: Des. 2276
Notice is hereby given that sixty days from the date of service of this Notice and its 
publication in Alberta Gazette, the Minister of Culture intends to make an Order that 
the site known as the: 
Alberta Wheat Pool Grain Elevator, together with the land legally described as:
Railway Plan 8493AI station grounds in Township 35 Range 20, west of the 4th 
meridian comprising parts of section hectares (acres) S.W. 26 1.48 3.66 S.E. 26 13.65 
33.74 N.E. 26 10.10 24.96
Excepting thereout: 
(a) all that portion of the south half of said Section twenty six (26) which lies between 
the south east limit of the said former station grounds as shown on Railway Plan 
8493AI and a line drawn parallel thereto and three hundred (300) feet perpendicularly 
distant north westerly therefrom, containing 8.72 hectares (21.55 acres) 
(b) all that portion of the north east quarter of Section twenty six (26) which lies 
between the south east limit of the said station grounds and a line drawn parallel to 
and three hundred (300) feet perpendicularly distant north westerly from the said 
south easterly limit and north east of the production south easterly in a straight line of 
the north easterly limit of first street north as shown on subdivision Plan 4035AF, 
containing 1.92 hectares (4.74 acres) more or less 
(c) all that portion of the north east quarter of Section twenty six (26) which lies 
between the south east limit of the said station grounds and a line drawn parallel 
thereto and three hundred (300) feet perpendicularly distant north westerly therefrom 
and which lies south west of the production south easterly of the north east limit of 
first street north, as shown on subdivision plan 4035AF, containing 3.14 hectares 
(7.75 acres) more or less 
Excepting thereout all mines and minerals and also excepting thereout all mines and 
minerals and the right to work the same in the south half of Section twenty six (26)
and municipally located in Big Valley, Alberta be designated as a Provincial 
Historic Resource under section 20 of the Historical Resources Act, RSA 2000 cH-9.
The reasons for the designation are as follows: The heritage value of the Alberta 
Wheat Pool (AWP) Grain Elevator in Big Valley lies in it being an excellent example 
of this iconic, but now rare, type of structure. It is also a significant contributor to the 
cultural landscape of the Village of Big Valley. The elevator, along with other 
associated structures and features, is evidence of the community's former standing as 
a major railroading centre.
The AWP grain elevator in Big Valley is a landmark structure in the Village of Big 
Valley and is representative of hundreds of similar structures that existed in similar 
communities throughout Alberta. Wood-cribbed elevators such as this were 
constructed in hundreds of communities across western Canada with many 
communities boasting rows of multiple elevators. Visible from miles around, the 
imposing vertical orientation of these structures dominated the flatland of the Prairies. 
As a central location for the delivery of the grain harvest, elevators became an 
important meeting place for a region's farmers. As such, they served an essential role 
in the agricultural, commercial and social life of the communities in which they were 
located. Starting in the 1980s, consolidation in the grain handling and marketing 
sector and the development of new construction technologies resulted in the closure 
and demolition of most wood-cribbed grain elevators. Only a handful of examples 
still remain.
Built in 1960, Big Valley's AWP grain elevator is a tall, wood-cribbed, gable roofed 
structure with a gable roofed cupola. The cedar siding-clad elevator sports dominant 
corporate signage and minimal fenestration. It has an attached driveway, accessible 
by earthen ramps with concrete retaining walls and large sliding doors. A detached 
office and an outhouse are located a few metres away. Aside from a few minor 
differences indicative of its period of construction, such as its relatively short 
driveway and large storage capacity, the elevator is typical of the many others that 
formerly existed in similar small town contexts across Alberta.
Selected as a divisional point on the Canadian Northern Railway's (CNoR) Battle 
River Subdivision line in 1912, Big Valley was the site of a major rail maintenance 
facility. It had a station, rail yard and turntable with roundhouse as well as several 
other ancillary railway buildings. By 1921, Big Valley had developed into a bustling 
town of just over 1,000, including approximately 250 railroad employees. A number 
of grain companies built elevators in town, the Home Grain Co. (1916), Parrish and 
Heimbecker (1918), and the United Grain Co. (1920), which was later acquired by the 
Alberta Wheat Pool (1928). The AWP expanded their facility in 1960 with the 
construction of the current elevator. Big Valley's prominence was short-lived; a few 
years after the 1919 merger of the CNoR and the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway 
(GTP), the divisional point and most of the railroad employees were transferred to the 
GTP divisional point at Mirror.
With its loss of status, Big Valley's population dropped dramatically during the late-
1920s and over time most of the buildings and features associated with the railroad 
disappeared. In 1997, the rails south of town were removed. In the same year, the 
elevator was decommissioned and, in 1998, sold to a historical society. However, the 
village's grid pattern layout, the evidence of the rail yards and lines, historic 
locomotives that still stop at the town and the presence of structures such as the 
roundhouse remains and the station building comprise a cultural landscape that still 
communicates Big Valley's railroading past. The AWP grain elevator dominates the 
townsite and, though it was constructed much later than the other elements, its 
connection with the railway's role in grain transportation makes it a significant 
contributory element to the village's cultural landscape.
It is therefore considered that the preservation and protection of the resource is in the 
public interest.
Dated this 19th day of May, A.D. 2012.
David Link, Assistant Deputy Minister 
Heritage Division
Order Designating Provincial Historic Resource
(Historical Resources Act)
MO 14/12 CCS
I, Heather Klimchuk, Minister of Culture and Community Services, pursuant to 
section 20 (1) of the Historical Resources Act, RSA 2000 cH-9, hereby:
1.	Designate the site known as the:
St. Charles Mission Site, together with the land legally described as:
Plan 0021020 
All that portion of Lot 1 lying west of a line drawn southerly from the 
intersection point of the curvilinear south west boundary of Road Plan 9721475, 
having a radius of 37.326 metres, with the north west boundary of said Lot, 
having a distance of 110.103 metres, and parallel to the east boundary of Plan 
4671JY and its productions northerly and southerly therefrom.
and municipally located in the M.D. of Fairview No. 136, Alberta
as a Provincial Historic Resource,
2.	Give notice that pursuant to section 20, subsection (9) of that Act, no person shall 
destroy, disturb, alter, restore, or repair any PROVINCIAL HISTORIC 
RESOURCE or remove any historic object from a PROVINCIAL HISTORIC 
RESOURCE without the written approval of the Minister.
3.	Further give notice that the following provisions of section 20, subsections (11) 
and (12) of that Act now apply in case of sale or inheritance of the above 
mentioned resource:
(11)	the owner of an historic resource that is subject to an order under 
subsection (1) shall, at least 30 days before any sale or other 
disposition of the historic resource, serve notice of the proposed sale 
or other disposition on the Minister,
(12)	when a person inherits an historic resource that is subject to an 
order under subsection (1), that person shall notify the Minister of 
the inheritance within 15 days after the historic resource is 
transferred to the person.
Signed at Edmonton, March 22, 2012.
Heather Klimchuk, Minister.


MO 20/12
I, Heather Klimchuk, Minister of Culture, pursuant to section 20 (1) of the Historical 
Resources Act, RSA 2000 cH-9, hereby:
1.	Designate the site known as the:
Queen's Hotel, together with the land legally described as:
Plan 92B 
Block 436 
The west 28 feet of Lot 26 and all of Lot 27
and municipally located at 207 - 24th Street in Fort Macleod, Alberta
as a Provincial Historic Resource,
2.	Give notice that pursuant to section 20, subsection (9) of that Act, no person shall 
destroy, disturb, alter, restore, or repair any PROVINCIAL HISTORIC 
RESOURCE or remove any historic object from a PROVINCIAL HISTORIC 
RESOURCE without the written approval of the Minister.
3.	Further give notice that the following provisions of section 20, subsections (11) 
and (12) of that Act now apply in case of sale or inheritance of the above 
mentioned resource:
(11)	the owner of an historic resource that is subject to an order under 
subsection (1) shall, at least 30 days before any sale or other 
disposition of the historic resource, serve notice of the proposed sale 
or other disposition on the Minister,
(12)	when a person inherits an historic resource that is subject to an 
order under subsection (1), that person shall notify the Minister of 
the inheritance within 15 days after the historic resource is 
transferred to the person.
Signed at Edmonton, May 22, 2012.
Heather Klimchuk, Minister.
Energy
Production Allocation Unit Agreement
(Mines and Minerals Act)
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to section 102 of the Mines and Minerals Act, that 
the Minister of Energy on behalf of the Crown has executed counterparts of the 
agreement entitled "Production Allocation Unit Agreement - Bellshill Lake Ellerslie 
Agreement No. 2" with respect to there is already a Production Allocation Unit 
Agreement in existence titled Bellshill Lake Ellerslie Agreement; The Agreement 
shall be titled Bellshill Lake Ellerslie Agreement No. 2, and that the amendment 
became effective on November 1, 2011.


 


 


 


Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
Errata
The document entitled "CODE OF PRACTICE FOR A WATERWORKS 
SYSTEM CONSISTING SOLELY OF A WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM", 
printed in the April 30, 2012 edition of the Alberta Gazette, shall be updated 
as follows:
1.	On page 380 of the Gazette, section heading 3.1.4 should be deleted, 
leaving the subheadings (a) through (d) directly under section heading 
3.1.3.
In making this change, other section headings are renumbered as 
follows:
	heading 3.1.5 becomes 3.1.4; 
	heading 3.1.6 becomes 3.1.5; 
	headings 3.1.7, 3.1.7.1 and 3.1.7.2 become 3.1.6, 3.1.6.1 and 
3.1.6.2 respectively;
	heading 3.1.8 becomes 3.1.7; and 
	heading 3.1.9 becomes 3.1.8.
References in the document to sections 3.1.7 and 3.1.7.1 will now refer to 
sections 3.1.6 and 3.1.6.1 respectively.
2.	On page 387 of the Gazette, section 5.1.5(b)(ii), subsections (1) and (2) 
should read as (A) and (B) respectively.
The printed and PDF versions of this document, available through the Alberta 
Queen's Printer, have been updated with these 2 revisions.
The document entitled "CODE OF PRACTICE FOR WATERWORKS 
SYSTEMS USING HIGH QUALITY GROUNDWATER", printed in the April 
30, 2012 edition of the Alberta Gazette, should be updated as follows:
1.	On page 411 of the Gazette, in the last row of the Limit column, the 
words "daily" and "monthly" have been transposed.  The text should read: 
"The optimum concentration specified in GCDWQ with monthly variation 
of +/- 0.1 mg/L and daily average variation of +/- 0.2 mg/L"
2.	On page 413 of the Gazette, section heading 5.1.3.7 should be deleted, 
leaving the subheadings (a) and (b) directly underneath section heading 
5.1.3.6.
In making this change, other section headings are renumbered as 
follows:
	heading 5.1.3.8 becomes 5.1.3.7; and
	heading 5.1.3.9 becomes 5.1.3.8.
3.	On page 421 of the Gazette, section 5.1.7(b), the subheadings i. and ii. 
should read as (i) and (ii) respectively.
The printed and PDF versions of this document, available through the Alberta 
Queen's Printer, have been updated with these 3 revisions.
Alberta Fishery Regulations, 1998
Notice of Variation Order 01-2012
Commercial Fishing Seasons
The close times and quotas set out in Schedule 8 to the Alberta Fishery Regulations, 
1998 in respect of the waters listed in the Schedule to this Notice have been varied by 
Variation Order 01-2012 by the Director of Fisheries Management in accordance with 
section 3 of the Alberta Fishery Regulations, 1998.
Where fishing with gill nets is permitted during an open season established by the 
Order, the gill net mesh size has been specified in the Order.
Pursuant to Variation Order 01-2012 commercial fishing is permitted in accordance 
with the following schedule.
SCHEDULE 
PART 1
Item - 1 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (27) Ethel Lake (64-3-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Gill net not less than 152 mm mesh 
Column 3 Open Time - A. In respect of Ethel Lake excluding the following portions: 
- All waters less than 10.5 meters (35 feet) in depth; - That portion north of a line 
connecting the most southerly point of land in L.S.D. 14-14-64-3-W4 to a point 
due east on the east shoreline in L.S.D. 13-13-64-3-W4; and - That portion 
southeast of a line connecting the most westerly point of land in L.S.D. 1-14-64-3-
W4 to where the quarter-section line that separates the NE quarter from SE 
quarter intersects with the shore in 10-64-3-W4. - 08:00 hours November 30, 2012 
to 16:00 hours December 2, 2012.  B. In respect of all other waters:  Closed.
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 4,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 50 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 1 kg; 4) Northern pike: 300 kg; 5) Tullibee: 300 kg; 6) Lake trout: 1 
kg.
Item - 1 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (72) Moose Lake (61-7-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Gill net not less than 152 mm mesh 
Column 3 Open Time - A. In respect of Moose Lake excluding the following 
portions: - That portion of Moose Lake that is greater than 3 metres (10 ft.) in 
depth. - That portion of Moose Lake east of a line drawn from the northerly and 
westerly most point of land in SE18-61-6-W4M to the southerly and easterly 
most point of land in NW18-61-6-W4. - That portion of Moose Lake west of a 
line connecting the most easterly point of land in NE12-61-7-W4 to the most 
westerly point on the shoreline in SE36-60-7-W4. - 08:00 hours October 11, 2012 
to 16:00 hours October 23, 2012.  B. In respect of all other waters:  Closed.
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 18,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 250 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 100 kg; 4) Northern pike: 400 kg; 5) Tullibee: 9,050 kg; 6) Lake trout: 
1 kg.
Item - 1 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (85) Primrose Lake (67-1-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Gill net not less than 140 mm mesh 
Column 3 Open Time - 08:00 hours July 14, 2012 to 16:00 hours July 22, 2012
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 11,750 kg; 2) Walleye: 500 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 1 kg; 4) Northern pike: 4,800 kg; 5) Tullibee: 1 kg; 6) Lake trout: 1 kg.
Item - 1 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (105) Spencer Lake (67-1-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Gill net not less than 140 mm mesh 
Column 3 Open Time - A. In respect of Spencer Lake excluding the following 
portions: - That portion of Spencer Lake that is greater than 4.5 metres (15 ft.) in 
depth. - 08:00 hours December 6, 2012 to 16:00 hours December 16, 2012.  B. In 
respect of all other waters:  Closed.
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 15,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 250 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 450 kg; 4) Northern pike: 600 kg; 5) Tullibee: 1 kg; 6) Lake trout: 1 
kg.
Item - 1 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (131) Wolf Lake (66-7-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Gill net not less than 140 mm mesh 
Column 3 Open Time - A. In respect of Wolf Lake excluding the following portions: 
- All water less than 12 metres (40 feet) in depth. - All portions of Wolf Lake west 
of a straight line drawn from the northern and eastern most point of land on the 
shoreline in SE02-66-07-W4 to the southern and western most point on the 
shoreline in SW12-66-07-W4. - 08:00 hours February 23, 2013 to 16:00 hours 
February 28, 2013.  B. In respect of all other waters:  Closed.
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 12,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 100 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 900 kg; 4) Northern pike: 200 kg; 5) Tullibee: 1 kg; 6) Lake trout: 1 
kg.
_______________
Notice of Variation Order 02-2012
Commercial Fishing Seasons
The close times and quotas set out in Schedule 8 to the Alberta Fishery Regulations, 
1998 in respect of the waters listed in the Schedule to this Notice have been varied by 
Variation Order 02-2012 by the Director of Fisheries Management in accordance with 
section 3 of the Alberta Fishery Regulations, 1998.
Where fishing with gill nets is permitted during an open season established by the 
Order, the gill net mesh size has been specified in the Order.
Pursuant to Variation Order 02-2012 commercial fishing is permitted in accordance 
with the following schedule.
SCHEDULE 
PART 1
Item - 3 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (3) Cold Lake (64-1-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Trap net 
Column 3 Open Time - A. In respect of Cold Lake excluding the following portions: 
- That portion from where the southern boundary of the Cold Lake I.R. intersects the 
west shoreline in L.S.D. 4-2-64-2-W4 due east to the first 6 metre (20 foot) depth 
contour then north along that depth contour to a point due east of the most easterly 
point of land in L.S.D. 13-2-64-2-W4, then west to the shoreline; and - That portion 
from the point where the east boundary of the Cold Lake I.R. intersects the shoreline 
in L.S.D. 2-19-63-1-W4 due north to the first 6 metre (20 foot) depth contour then 
northeast along that depth contour to a point due west of the most westerly point in 
L.S.D. 10-19-63-1-W4, then east to the shoreline. - 08:00 hours September 15, 2012 
to 16:00 hours October 31, 2012.  B. In respect of all other waters:  Closed.
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 50,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 25 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 1 kg; 4) Northern pike: 25 kg; 5) Tullibee: 24,000 kg; 6) Lake trout: 25 
kg.
Item - 3 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (6) Moose Lake (61-7-W4) 
Column 2 Gear - Trap net 
Column 3 Open Time - 08:00 hours October 11, 2012 to 16:00 hours October 23, 
2012
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 18,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 1 kg; 3) 
Yellow perch: 1 kg; 4) Northern pike: 1 kg; 5) Tullibee: 9,050 kg; 6) Lake trout: 1 kg.
_______________
Notice of Variation Order 05-2012
Commercial Fishing Seasons
The close times and quotas set out in Schedule 8 to the Alberta Fishery Regulations, 
1998 in respect of the waters listed in the Schedule to this Notice have been varied by 
Variation Order 05-2012 by the Director of Fisheries Management in accordance with 
section 3 of the Alberta Fishery Regulations, 1998.
Where fishing with gill nets is permitted during an open season established by the 
Order, the gill net mesh size has been specified in the Order.
Pursuant to Variation Order 05-2012 commercial fishing is permitted in accordance 
with the following schedule.
SCHEDULE 
PART 1
Item - 1 
Column 1 Waters - In respect of: (55.1)Lesser Slave Lake (74-11-W5) - that portion 
east of the eastern boundary of Range 10, west of the 5th Meridian 
Column 2 Gear - Gill net not less than 140 mm mesh 
Column 3 Open Time - A. In respect of Lesser Slave Lake excluding the following 
portions: - that entire portion (including all of the West Basin) of Lesser Slave Lake 
west of a line drawn from the point of land on Swan point at NW22-74-9-W5M 
northwest to the point of land where the east boundary of SE22-75-9-W5M intersects 
the north shore of Lesser Slave Lake; - that portion within 0.8 km (0.5 miles) of either 
of the outlets of the Swan River (NW 22-74-9-W5); - that portion that is within 3 km 
from the mouth of the Marten River (NW 18-75-6-W5); - that portion within 800 m 
of the island locally known as Dog Island located in NW 14-73-6-W5M; - that portion 
within 3 km of the mouth of the Lesser Slave River located in SE 12-73-6-W5M; - 
that portion which is less than 10 feet (3.1 m) in depth east of a line drawn from the 
mouth of Lily Creek in NW 14-74-6-W5M to Nine Mile Point located in NW 26-73-
7-W5M; and that portion which is less than 10 feet (3.1 m) and between 20 feet (6.2 
m) and 50 feet (15.24 m) in depth west of a line drawn from the mouth of Lily Creek 
in NW 14-74-6-W5M to Nine Mile Point located in NW 26-73-7-W5M: 08:00 hours 
May 22, 2012 to 16:00 hours June 15, 2012.  B. In respect of all other waters:  
Closed.
Column 4 Species and Quota - 1) Lake whitefish: 50,000 kg; 2) Walleye: 2,000 kg; 
3) Yellow perch: 50 kg; 4) Northern pike: 2,275 kg; 5) Tullibee: 5,000 kg; 6) Lake 
trout: 1 kg.
Justice and Solicitor General
Designation of Qualified Technician Appointment  
(Intoxilyzer 5000C)
Calgary Police Service 
Nickel, Mike Anthony
(Date of Designation May 17, 2012)
Spyce, Mathew Allen Raymond
(Date of Designation May 18, 2012)
Edmonton Police Service 
Barnes, Jennifer Lynn 
Bateman, Duane Rickey 
Behiels, Daniel John 
Calder, Trevor Daryl 
Christoforou, Daina Louise Marie 
Clark, Kevin William 
Comeau, Nadine Alexandra 
Compton, Jonathan Charles 
Connell, Timothy Allan 
Cowell, Geoffrey Mark 
Croft, Jonathan Franklin 
Dul, Jilliam Marie 
Durec, Michal 
Hankewich, Ryan Michael 
Heigl, Melanie Theresia 
Hlushak, Christopher Lawrence 
Jones, Cameron Morgan Phelan 
Knull, Jefry Ronald 
Lees, Matthew Ellis 
Ludvig, Jacob Jan 
MacNeil, Scott Raymond 
May, Ryan Edmund 
McAuley, Michael William 
Moore, Brenda Tessy 
Nguyen, Tuyen Hiep Binh 
Tidd, Morgan Albert Alexander 
Warner, Hillary Dawn
(Date of Designation May 17, 2012)
Office of the Public Trustee
Property being held by the Public Trustee for a period of Ten (10) Years 
(Public Trustee Act)
Section 11 (2)(b)
Name of Person 
Entitled to Property

Description 
 of Property 
held and its 
value or 
estimated 
value

Property part of 
deceased person's  
Estate or held under 
Court Order: 
Deceased's Name 
Judicial District Court 
File Number

Public Trustee 
Office 
 
Additional 
Information 

Unknown
Cash on hand 
$7,148.55
Sybil Mary Bidmead 
JD of Edmonton 
ES03 133233

Unknown
Cash on hand 
$1,017.92
Marijan Ceglar 
JD of Edmonton 
E503 129466
Family 
possibly in 
previous 
Yugoslavia
Unknown
Cash on hand 
$13,236.44
Klaus Terzenbach 
JD of Edmonton

Unknown
Cash on hand 
$3,914.57
Joseph Juozaz Skiparis 
JD of Edmonton 
ES03 128078





Victoria Roach and 
father of 
Samuel Roach 
Killock
Cash on hand 
Victoria: 
$49,768.32 
Father of: 
$49,768.32
Samuel Joseph Laverne 
Roach Killock 
JD of Calgary 
SES01 103828

Undetermined
Cash on hand 
$2,562.08
Michael Berehula 
JD of Calgary 
SES08 17142

Unknown
Cash on hand 
$14,886.01
Mustafa Mahmood 
Mohamad 
JD of Edmonton 
ES03 119981
First names of 
possible 
children: 
Daughter 
Nigar possibly 
in the USA, 
son Khalid 
possibly in the 
Netherlands, 
son Alibabay 
possibly in 
Iraq
Unknown
Cash on hand 
$2,570.77
Georgenia Valcourt 
JD of Red Deer 
ES 1018958

Salma Pardhan
Cash on hand 
$47,671.59
Firozali Jaffer Pardhan 
JD of Calgary 
SES01 109993


Legislative Assembly
Erratum
Notice: Members Elected to Serve in the Legislative Assembly of Alberta
Edmonton, Friday, June 1, 2012
Correction to notice is hereby given, under the provisions of the Election Act, that I 
have received the Certificate and Return from 2 Provincial Returning Officers 
appointed to conduct a Provincial General Election on the 23rd day of April, 2012, in 
the following electoral divisions, and the said Returns show that the following 
Members were duly elected:
Electoral Division	Member Elected
Edmonton-Whitemud	Dave Hancock
Airdrie	Rob Anderson
O. Brian Fjeldheim, Chief Electoral Officer.
ADVERTISEMENTS
Notice of Certificate of Intent to Dissolve
(Business Corporations Act)
Notice is hereby given that a Certificate of Intent to Dissolve was issued to 711883 
Alberta Ltd. on May 16, 2012.
Dated at Calgary, Alberta on May 16, 2012.
Public Sale of Land
(Municipal Government Act)
Village of Empress
Notice is hereby given that under the provisions of the Municipal Government Act, 
the Village of Empress will offer for sale, by public auction, in the Village Office, #6, 
3rd Avenue, Empress, Alberta, on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 10:00 a.m., the 
following lands:
Plan
Block
Lot
Lot
Lot
C of T
5043AV
12
21


081407688
5043AV
13
6


091090580
5043AV
13
7


081411092
5043AV
19
1
2

071254913
5043AV
19
3
4
5
071254913+1
Each parcel will be offered for sale subject to a reserve bid and to the reservations and 
conditions contained in the existing Certificate of Title.
Reserving thereout all mines and minerals.
Terms and conditions of sale will be announced at the sale, or may be obtained from 
the undersigned.
The Village of Empress may, after the public auction, become the owner of any parcel 
of land that is not sold at the public auction.
Redemption may be affected by payment of all arrears of taxes and costs at any time 
prior to the sale.
Dated at Empress, Alberta, May 24, 2012.
Debby Mundt, CAO Village of Empress.
Village of Standard
Notice is hereby given that, under the provisions of the Municipal Government Act, 
the Village of Standard will offer for sale, by public auction, in the office of the 
Village of Standard, 120 Elsinore Avenue, Standard, Alberta, on Thursday, July 26, 
2012, at 10:00 a.m., the following land:
Plan
Parcel
Mer.
Rge.
Twp.
Sec.
Qtr.
Cert. of Title


4
22
25
2
that portion of the 
North West quarter
041 219 215 + 1
53/42
A





091 111 929
Each parcel will be offered for sale, subject to a reserve bid and to the reservations 
and conditions contained in the existing certificate of title.
The land is being offered for sale on an "as is, where is" basis, and the Village of 
Standard makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the 
adequacy of services, soil conditions, land use districting, building and development 
conditions, absence or presence of environmental contamination, or the develop 
ability of the lands for any intended use by the successful bidder.  No bid will be 
accepted where the bidder attempts to attach conditions precedent to the sale of any 
parcel.  No terms and conditions of sale will be considered other than those specified 
by the Village of Standard.
Terms: 10% cash down on the day of auction, balance due by cash or certified cheque 
within 30 days.
The Village of Standard may, after the public auction, become the owner of any 
parcel of land not sold at the public auction.
Redemption may be affected by payment of all arrears of taxes and costs at any time 
prior to the sale.
Dated at Standard, Alberta, May 22, 2012.
Leah Jensen, Chief Administrative Officer.


Village of Veteran
Notice is hereby given that under the provisions of the Municipal Government Act, 
the Village of Veteran will offer for sale, by public auction, in the Village Office at 
110 Waterloo Street, Veteran, Alberta, on Wednesday, August 8, 2012, at 10:00 a.m., 
the following lands:
Plan
Block
Lot
Linc #
Title #
6222BQ
3

0016326183
042445089
4010NY
E
1
0018589599
062529096
Each parcel will be offered for sale subject to a reserve bid and to the reservations and 
conditions contained in the existing Certificate of Title.
The Village of Veteran may, after the public auction, become owner of any parcel of 
land not sold at the public auction.
Terms: 5% down and balance in 30 days; Cash or Certified Cheque
Redemption may be effected by payment of all arrears of taxes and costs at any time 
prior to the sale.
Dated at Veteran, Alberta, June 15, 2012.
Debbie Johnstone, C.A.O..






NOTICE TO ADVERTISERS
The Alberta Gazette is issued twice monthly, on the 15th and last day.
Notices and advertisements must be received ten full working days before the 
date of the issue in which the notices are to appear. Submissions received after 
that date will appear in the next regular issue.
Notices and advertisements should be typed or written legibly and on a sheet separate 
from the covering letter. An electronic submission by email or disk is preferred. 
Email submissions may be sent to the Editor of The Alberta Gazette at 
albertagazette@gov.ab.ca. The number of insertions required should be specified and 
the names of all signing officers typed or printed. Please include name and complete 
contact information of the individual submitting the notice or advertisement.
Proof of Publication: Statutory Declaration is available upon request.
A copy of the page containing the notice or advertisement will be mailed to each 
advertiser without charge.
The dates for publication of Tax Sale Notices in The Alberta Gazette are as follows:
 
Issue of
Earliest date on which 
sale may be held
June 30
August 10


July 14
August 24
July 31
September 10


August 15
September 25
August 31
October 11


September 15
October 26
September 29
November 9


October 15
November 25
October 31
December 11


November 15
December 26
November 30
January 10


December 15
January 25
The charges to be paid for the publication of notices, advertisements and documents 
in The Alberta Gazette are:
Notices, advertisements and documents that are 5 or fewer pages	$20.00
Notices, advertisements and documents that are more than 5 pages	$30.00
Please add 5% GST to the above prices (registration number R124072513).


PUBLICATIONS
Annual Subscription (24 issues) consisting of:
Part I/Part II, and annual index - Print version	$150.00
Part I/Part II, and annual index - Electronic version	$150.00
Alternatives:
Single issue (Part I and Part II)	$10.00
Annual Index to Part I or Part II	$5.00
Alberta Gazette Bound Part I	$140.00
Alberta Gazette Bound Regulations	$92.00
Please note: Shipping and handling charges apply for orders outside of Alberta.
The following shipping and handling charges apply for the Alberta Gazette:
Annual Subscription - Print version	$50.00
Individual Gazette Publications	$6.00 for orders $19.99 and under
Individual Gazette Publications	$10.00 for orders $20.00 and over
Please add 5% GST to the above prices (registration number R124072513).

Copies of Alberta legislation and select government publications are available from:
Alberta Queen's Printer 
5th Floor, Park Plaza 
10611 - 98 Avenue 
Edmonton, Alberta   T5K 2P7
Phone: 780-427-4952 
Fax: 780-452-0668
(Toll free in Alberta by first dialing 310-0000)
qp@gov.ab.ca
www.qp.alberta.ca
Cheques or money orders (Canadian funds only) should be made payable to the 
Minister of Finance and Enterprise. Payment is also accepted by Visa, MasterCard or 
American Express. No orders will be processed without payment.