Copyright and Disclaimer Print


(no amdt)


Municipal Government Act


Table of Contents

                1       Commission established

                2       Members

                3       Services

                4       Fees for water services

                5       Transfer of property

                6       Operating deficits

Commission established

1   There is hereby established a regional services commission known as the Mountain View Regional Water Services Commission.

AR 245/92 s1


2   The following municipalities shall be members of the Commission:

                                 (a)    the Town of Bowden;

                                 (b)    the Town of Carstairs;

                                 (c)    the Town of Crossfield;

                                 (d)    the Town of Didsbury;

                                 (e)    the Town of Innisfail;

                                  (f)    the Town of Olds.

AR 245/92 s2


3(1)  The Commission shall supply water services

                                 (a)    to all municipalities referred to in section 2,

                                 (b)    to all customers who are, on the effective date of acquisition of the Mountain View Regional Water System, receiving water services from the Anthony Henday Water Treatment Plant and transmission lines constituting the system, and

                                 (c)    to any additional persons to whom the board of directors of the Commission decides to supply water services.

(2)  Water services shall be supplied to all customers on an as required basis and water shortages shall be shared proportionately.

AR 245/92 s3

Fees for water services

4(1)  The fees to be charged by the Commission to its customers for the supplying of water services shall be based on the annual full cost recovery for supplying the services, including an allowance for the reserve accounts established under subsection (3).

(2)  Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the cost referred to in subsection (1) includes the debt service cost of debenture repayments.

(3)  The Commission may establish and maintain one or more reserve accounts for the works to provide for renewals, alterations, extensions and contingencies in respect to the works and shall credit the reserve accounts and expend, use, apply and appropriate funds from them for the purposes and in the amounts it determines.

(4)  The amounts in a reserve account established under subsection (3) may be blended with other reserve accounts established by the Commission, and any interest accruing to those accounts shall be credited to each account in an amount that reflects the proportion that each account bears to all of the accounts.

(5)  The total amount to be placed in reserve accounts by the Commission shall be established by the Board of Directors on an annual basis.

(6)  Each member municipality shall receive water services from the Commission at the same rate.

(7)  Retail water rates shall be determined by each of the member municipalities.

AR 245/92 s4

Transfer of property

5(1)  The Commission shall not sell any of the land, buildings or personal property used in connection with the supply of water services without the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.

(2)  The Lieutenant Governor in Council may give his approval under subsection (1) if satisfied

                                 (a)    as to the selling price of the land, buildings or personal property,

                                 (b)    as to the repayment of provincial grants and outstanding debt associated with that portion of the land, buildings or personal property to be sold, and

                                 (c)    that the sale would not have a significant adverse effect on the supply of water services by the Commission.

AR 245/92 s5

Operating deficits

6   The Commission shall not assume operating deficits with respect to the land, buildings or personal property that are shown on the books of any of the municipalities that are members of the Commission or of the Mountain View Regional Water Board.

AR 245/92 s6